Accounting Clerk – 798042
The Accounts Payable Accountant performs accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions and appropriate record-keeping tied to this function. The incumbent also administrates Imperial’s T&E system as it relates to Accounting’s roles and responsibilities in the T&E policy and procedure.
- Receives and reviews invoices from vendors
- Matches invoices to supporting documentation as provided by Managers
- Codes and batches invoices
- Assembles invoice packages for approval by appropriate Managers
- Processes vendor checks
- Prepares analysis of accounts
- Monitors accounts to ensure payments are up to date
- Resolves invoice discrepancies
- Maintains vendor files
- Assists in month end closing
- Supports fixed expense budgeting
- Tracks fixed assets and related depreciation and amortization
Cash Roles & Responsibilities:
- Posts transactions to the General Ledger; Role: execution.
- Sets up new vendors; Role: execution
- Prepares vendor checks; Role: execution
- Manage and deliver special projects for Imperial’s Accounting Department as needed.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- AP Experience 1-2 years preferred
- Excel wiz
- Bright, adaptable, thinker.