Our client is a growing specialty finance company headquartered in West Los Angeles, CA. They are focused on providing senior and subordinated financing to small and lower middle-market businesses across many industries secured by equipment and real estate collateral.
The Broker Representative is a vital team member of the team, serving as the main point of contact for their third party referral base. This team member will interface with the credit and marketing teams internally to deliver best in class service to the growing referral base. The Broker Representative will also lead the effort of growing and educating the referral base by attending conferences, conducing broker training meetings, and disseminating product related information. Occasional travel is required.
• Effectively present the funding programs to new and existing referral partners.
• Educate market on guidelines and process to increase approval efficiencies.
• Effectively assist referral partners through the contract closing process.
• Answer questions about and explain value proposition for financing products.
• Proactively solicit financing opportunities from existing referral base.
• Recruit, vet, and sign-on new referral partners.
• Assist in the development of funding programs, marketing, and collateral materials by applying knowledge based on customer feedback.
• Attend relevant association and industry trade shows.
• Minimum of 4+ years customer service or sales experience required.
• Positive, high-energy, quick-learner with a desire to work hard to accomplish goals.
• Strong communication skills to expand relationships and improve service levels.
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Ability to use computer based CRM system (Salesforce, a plus).
• Comfortable meeting with clients/customers via phone, email, and in person.
• Familiarity with commercial credit, credit bureaus, and credit scores a plus.
• Ability to network both internally and externally to manage and solve problems
• Be a forward thinker and suggest process improvements
• Effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to travel with occasional overnights within the US
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or Economics a plus