Location: Wilmington, CA
A leading shipping/logistics company based near San Pedro is looking for a Business Process Analyst to join their team. The company is growing very rapidly, and this position will be vital in supporting their expansion. The ideal candidate will have enough understanding of the operational processes and equipment in order to understand how the metrics should be calculated and displayed.
- Monitoring the PI System metrics to ensure that the system is stable and collecting data.
- Interfacing with consultant to rectify PI system issues, as they arise.
- Performing Ad-hoc analysis on equipment or process issues being investigated to identify root cause. This function requires a good understanding of the fundamentals around the operational processes, control systems and the equipment and typically involves activities such as:
- Identifying if appropriate data exists in PI to provide insight into the system.
- If new calculations need to be devised, creating those calculations
- Creating visualizations in PI Process Book, PI Vision or in Tableau. The choice of tool will depend on the nature of the report / analysis being performed
- Creating publishable reports in Tableau as identified by different departments
- Facilitating periodic (e.g. weekly) reviews of Production Information reports with Operations and Equipment Maintenance & Repair. Analyzing data observed and providing explanations for the data (if explanations can be proven with data) or making recommendations for investigations
- Creating and supporting applications which utilize PI data, such as Downtime Tracking
– Engineering Degree required – New grads welcome – Strong understanding of Corporate System Analysis, Internship experience acceptable – Financial Modeling and Advanced MS Excel Skills. SQL a plus – Excellent communication skills Role comes with a great work/life balance and excellent long term career opportunities. Excellent benefits, including strong bonus and world class health care and retirement plans. Please apply directly. Thank you!