Location: Torrance, CA
The Buyer is responsible for the procurement of resources used in the production process. In this role, you’ll issue, manage, and update purchase orders with all assigned vendors and at the supplier level, and will be the main point of contact for suppliers regarding their purchase orders. *****THIS IS A TEMP TO HIRE OPPORTUNITY***** The ideal Buyer will be energetic, highly organized, and hardworking. We’re a company revolutionizing the way people consume their fruits and veggies. You should have a passion for creating exceptional customer and work well in environments that are constantly changing.
- Ensures adequate inventory of products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy.
- Conducts daily inventory analysis to solve inventory issues such as out of stocks.
- Schedules and revises shipment plans to ensure efficient distribution of products from various vendors and acknowledges lead times.
- Analyzes inventory levels, production speed product demand to reorder levels which will ensure product availability and minimize inventory costs.
- Initiates work orders for production-planning supervision, scheduling for production of items.
- Coordinates & expedites the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of products
- Set-up and maintenance of product SKU database
- 2+ years’ experience in a food manufacturing, restaurant purchasing/inventory control, food distribution environment.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities
- Some travel to warehouse and vendor locations as needed
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong MS Excel skills