Location: Irvine, CA
Our client is a leading consumer products manufacturing company that is growing aggressively and looking for a new CFO to report to the CEO. Only if you have experience as a strong CFO, in a manufacturing & Consumer Products company, should you apply.
Job Description The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Play a key role in accessing private capital markets
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all Form 8-K, 10-K, and 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- B.A. in Finance or Accounting or equivalent
- Business degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience in Accounting.
- 7+ years in corporate finance, FP&A and Budgeting.
- Experience in complex, high-end manufacturing consumer products businesses.
- Experience managing all areas of P&L and Balance Sheet accounting.
- Experience in budgeting/forecasting/variance analysis.
- Experience in cost system in custom made manufacturing which is manufactured by cost consisting of a large number of raw materials, fixed costs and overhead.
- A capacity for rendering mature business decisions and judgments.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical abilities and results orientation.
- Proficiency in Windows applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), with demonstrated expertise in complex Excel-based financial modeling.
- strong systems experience including leading a systems implementation.
- Proficient in active communication and solid interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills, project/task management experience and cross-functional coordination skills.