Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Our client is a rapidly growing inclusive (HVAC) service, repair and maintenance programs for commercial and industrial facilities, including 24-hour emergency service, repair, modifications replacements, retrofits and major renovation and installation for all brands of equipment. They are on target to do over $80M in revenue and are looking to expand into new markets and open their 4th location. This role is based in the East Bay portion of the San Francisco Area near Walnut Creek.Relocation will be awarded for the right person, no telecommuting.
JOB SUMMARY: The Chief Financial Officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the Company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Contributes to Company’s short- and long-range planning, identifying areas of possible growth, expansion, and new profit opportunities.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes by developing and implementing forward thinking, well planned operating budgets in coordination with department heads.
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction and reporting of same to management team in form of KPI reporting at monthly management meeting.
- Monitors organization’s financial position, including financial stability, liquidity, and projections, and presents feedback to owner / management team
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
Operations and Finance:
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems and implement operational best practices
- Oversight of all HR functions, and any related compliance requirements
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions of other companies and real estate lease agreements to support Company’s growth
- Directs and oversees the company’s financial administration and planning including financial policy development and implementation, and oversight of accounting systems
- Responsible for staff meeting their goals and objectives at a high level of effectiveness
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage (Work closely with company’s insurance consultant who is very resourceful)
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the owners and senior management team
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
Funding and Investing:
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Maintain banking relationships, and arrange for debt and equity financing, and insures LOC limits are sufficient to meet operational growth needs
- Invest funds to maximize on return
- Master’s degree (M.A., M.S., or M.B.A.), from an accredited institution, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years
- 10+ year’s relevant senior leadership experience in a construction or closely related industry, preferably in trade specialty
- Experience with acquisitions, financing, and real estate negotiations.
- Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Good listener; bring an open-mid to all conversations
- Able to function effectively and calmly under pressure and be patient with people; mistakes happen in this business and you need to work with people and train them so it doesn’t reoccur
- Proactive/self-starter who take initiative and engages management team in as a leader in support of departmental and overall company goals
- Ability to address shifting priorities; flexible, adaptable while advocating recommendations and providing alternatives
- Willing and capable of engaging in thoughtful, spirited debate.