Location: Santa Monica, CA
Growing start up in the FinTech and Renewables sector is seeking a new Chief Revenue Officer to add to its team. This is a mission driven company based on the Westside of Los Angeles. This is dynamic role and a rare chain to get in at the top of a high growth, game changing company to ultimately help drive growth, strategic initiatives and improve processes. The Chief Revenue Officer will lead all new revenue generation functions while reviewing and helping to maximize existing channels and provide a strategic vision to internal partners as the business continues to scale and grow. Reporting to the CEO and working with the executive leadership team, this crucial role has sole ownership for all revenue functions. This role serves as a trusted advisor to and member of the senior management team and plays a key role in directing the company towards opportunities that yield positive financial results.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; MBA and previous media experience preferred.
- CPA/CFA or high finance background extremely helpful.
- Someone with M&A and financing industry experience will lead to greater success
- At least 12 years of revenue generation, digital business development, and strategic leadership experience.
- Extensive experience with digital strategy, pricing, product development, complex sales strategies, negotiations, B2B and B2C sales tactics.
- Experience ideally in a large commercial/enterprise environment is highly helpful but we also need someone who can do more with less in a scrappy all-hands-on-deck start up.
- Proven success in setting the strategic direction of a large, complex sales and marketing organization that aligns with short- and long-term company goals and executing with focus and discipline to exceed targets.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen; successfully applied to distinguish between revenue opportunities that can yield material profitability within two to three years from those that cannot.
- Proven success in setting and executing against sales and operational plans and creating short and long-term strategies that align with business goals.
- Proven success in creating products across multiple platforms, implementing marketing strategies and finding ways to generate revenue from new and existing products.
- Proven success with driving results in multiple areas of the business that reduce costs and increase efficiency while preserving mass-market penetration.
- Clear and unquestionable ability to lead, motivate, and inspire a large and talented digital, print and conferences sales and marketing force.
Areas of Influence:
- Establishing revenue streams, setting revenue targets and annual budgets to make strategic decisions regarding resource allocation and investments.
- Setting the strategic direction to drive revenue, reduce costs, create extraordinary customer experiences, and increase market share.
- Leading the digital and print sales, marketing, and sales operations teams
- Overseeing the quality of products; identifying areas that may hold promise for improving revenue results and developing solutions to address those needs.
- Acquiring, developing, and retaining talent throughout the sales organization to create a nimble, responsive, and results-driven culture..