Our client is a growing specialty finance company headquartered in West Los Angeles, CA. They are focused on providing senior and subordinated financing to small and lower middle-market businesses across many industries secured by equipment and real estate collateral.
The Customer Service Representative is a vital member to the Portfolio Management team. This team member supports the team and the company in many capacities including being the borrowers’ resource within the company after a loan is funded, handling borrower-related requests and questions, assisting with documentation and collections matters, and cross-departmental support for the Funding and Documentation team.
• Prepare and send borrower welcome packages
• Handle newer and existing borrower inquiries related to due dates, payment instructions, payment method changes, bank account changes for ACH payments, and contract related questions
• Accept customer payments using all payment methods
• Assist Vice President of Portfolio Management in coordinating and documenting amendments for existing contracts
• Assist the Portfolio Management team with collections matters and documentation
• Direct borrowers to the appropriate department within company for other inquiries or issues
• Assist the Documentation and Funding team in processing of submitted loan applications
Knowledge and Skills:
• Energetic, self-motivated, friendly and fanatical about providing excellent customer service
• Excellent attention to detail, accurate, and organized
• Excellent communication skills, including listening, written and verbal
• Strong basic math/arithmetic skills
• Strong ability to follow instruction
• Ability to type a minimum of 50 WPM
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to use computer based CRM system (Salesforce, a plus)
• Exhibit a high degree of professionalism in handling sensitive and confidential information.
• Minimum 5 years work experience working in office-like environment.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required; Undergraduate degree is preferred.
• Salary is negotiable depending on qualifications.