Location: Detroit, MI
CARS, CARS AND MORE CARS….From Electric to Autonomous and even Traditional cars, this automotive OEM is building out their Intelligent Driving Systems team with a focus on Mobility Management Systems and seeks a Deputy Chief Engineer with a solid understanding of the autonomous technology to manage the overall program resources and expenses. The ideal Deputy Chief Engineer will have a proven track record of leading the development of a scalable and efficient software system that supports business applications for autonomous vehicles.
- Help develop for the MMS.
- Identify and deliver research opportunities to push forward capabilities, technologies or processes for delivering scalable transportation software systems.
- Contribute to the technical development of system which may include software development, code technical design reviews.
- Drive activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving software design problems and meeting technical targets.
- Provide leadership and negotiation of technical requirements, including sign-off.
- Coordinate and communicate technical requirements and results between the MMS team and the autonomous vehicle engineering.
- Lead technical presentations to top management and relevant conferences.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering;
- Extensive programming experience with languages including C, C++, Python, Linux – Ubuntu
- Working knowledge of Robot Operation System (ROS)
- Solid knowledge of design and safety standards
- Familiarity with negotiating contracts including pricing, protecting IP.
- Supervisory or management experience.