The position requires a strong technical accounting background. The position will be responsible for project management with respect to the Company’s adoption of new accounting standards which will include (i) analyzing new accounting standards and the potential impacts to the Company, (ii) preparing roadmaps and overseeing the Company’s implementation progress, (iii) working closely with various division financial management, independent public accountants, and if applicable, consultants throughout the implementation process, (iv) preparing robust documentation to support the Company’s accounting policy positions, and (v) preparing and reviewing financial reporting impacts and disclosures from the adoption of the applicable new accounting standards.
- Monitor standard setting developments under GAAP, SAP, IFRS and SEC.
- Analyze impacts of new accounting standards to the Company.
- Prepare roadmaps and detailed tracking documentation with respect to the Company’s implementation progress of new accounting standards.
- Work closely with divisions, auditors and consultants involved in the implementation and related documentation of new accounting standards.
- Participate and assist in providing senior management with impact analysis of the new accounting principles and recommendations on strategies to optimize the impact to the company.
- Develop strong working relationships with finance professionals in each of the applicable Divisions.
- Give presentations to provide technical training to Corporate Finance and divisions on new accounting standards and various standard setting developments.
- Actively participate in ACLI accounting committee subgroups and prepare outlines/minutes as needed for relevant ACLI accounting committee calls, NAIC accounting related meetings and other appropriate committees.
Factors for Success:
- Minimum 10 years with progressive experience in technical accounting research and documentation.
- Strong working knowledge of life insurance and annuity products, financial instruments including investments and hedge accounting.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and SAP for life insurance and annuity products, financial instruments including investments and hedge accounting.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong technical memo writing skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with individuals of all levels of the corporate structure.
- Ability to obtain support from various teams without direct authority.
- Demonstrated experience leading critical initiatives, including project development, identifying needed resources and key milestones, and effectively monitoring progress to conclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results by working independently.
- CPA and Big4 experience required