Our client is a rapidly growing retail manufacturing company. They are seeking a newly created addition to their team to head their Inventory Accounting operations as a Director. This individual will report to our Controller and have the opportunity to greatly impact and improve processes within this highly successful business.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead all aspects of the Inventory accounting process, including supervising one staff and growing the team as needed to scale
- Collaborate with the warehouse, account management, and accounts payable teams on processes to ensure proper accounting and reporting
- Review monthly roll forwards, journal entries, reconciliations and reporting for inventory deposits, accruals, obsolescence, cost of goods sold, and adjustments
- Ensure compliance with GAAP accounting, performing research as needed
- Prepare/review schedules and support for audit requests and other executive reporting requests
- Assist during quarterly physical inventory count process.
- Assist is classifying cost accurately.
- Streamline and automate accounting and close process for assigned areas
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- 8+ years of relevant cost accounting experience, including 3+ years of management experience
- MUST HAVE experience with a company with revenues over $200M
- MUST HAVE experience with inventory levels exceeding $30M
- Previous Experience in public accounting HIGHLY preferred
- CPA license
- Someone who can execute well and flourish in an entrepreneurial environment
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to think critically and research adhoc accounting issues
- Advanced Microsoft Excel sills
- E-Commerce Experience
- WMS Implementation Experience