Location: West Hollywood, CA
This position is responsible for developing sophisticated financial models to evaluate business opportunities while working with internal and external stakeholders on new project initiatives. In addition, the Analyst is responsible for supporting the growth initiatives of the firm through fundraising opportunities, acquisitions, and new developments. The Analyst will work with the internal development and fundraising teams, both local and international, to provide business and data analysis in all aspects of underwriting, research and transaction structuring.
Who this job will appeal to:
A highly detailed individual, who loves collecting, analyzing and presenting data that will provide insight and information to key decision makers. Will take great pride in the accuracy and validity of their work.
The ideal candidate for this position:
Will be able to manage required tasks in an effective manner; interpret broad proprietary data; assess the underlying needs of each project and present results to senior management.
Who you will be working with:
A team of highly motivated, forward thinking, fast paced professionals.
- Develop project evaluation and modeling – prepare market analysis, pro forma projections, ROI and DCF calculations.
- Perform market research on potential development locations; identify potential competitive properties; and analyze market performance.
- Incorporate the Project Development Team building program and current fee terms into the projected assumptions.
- Develop detailed pro forma, securing the approval and support of the venues’ operations teams on the reasonableness of delivering the projected results.
- Model ROI when an investment in a new development opportunity is required to ensure it achieves the company’s objectives. Prepare capital approval packages as needed.
- Build integrated financial models for targeted acquisitions under different scenarios and perform valuation analyses.
- Maintain and update financial models that analyze potential acquisitions and development opportunities.
- Provide support during due diligence process of targeted properties, to include but not limited to creating, compiling, writing, and packaging investor briefings, review of legal documentation, market analysis, feasibility assessment, and macro and micro property research.
- Prepare executive summaries and marketing package presentations and decks for submission to capital sources.
- Support national and international fundraising efforts.
- Work closely with Firm Partners, Suppliers, Development and Fund management, Capital Formation professionals and other business partners to create, curate and maintain financial models.
- Support all aspects of maintenance and improvement of DDQs
Industry / Product / Process
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with the ability to communicate in a clear, concise and efficient manner with multiple teams and product groups across regions.
- Prior experience of writing or participating in the DDQ process, preferably in the asset management industry.
- Understanding of the Real Estate and Fund management business, various asset classes and investment products is desirable.
- Financial market awareness and understanding of basic financial concept.
Risk, Controls, Governance
- Outstanding accuracy and attention to detail.
- Awareness of business risk and compliance procedures.
- Ability to simultaneously manage competing priorities, including immediate, short-term.
- Confidence to work directly with stakeholders at all levels to partner with them on priorities and deadlines.
- Responsive to client requests; ability to work under pressure, and with flexibility, to meet tight deadlines.
Technical / Functional Skillset
§ Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook skills (intermediate/advanced); prior experience of using Prequin and Saleforce.com applications also helpful.
§ Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
§ Outstanding numeracy/quantitative skills.
§ Excellent writing skills in English.
§ Interest in the presentation and customization of completed documents.
- Outstanding organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Ability to work collaboratively with local and international teams, as well as on own initiative.
- Need to be creative, flexible and able to apply judgement when needed.
- Self-starter and motivated, able to prioritize key tasks effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience.
- Proven successful work experience in a similar role/environment.
- Real Estate Development AND Property Management experience preferred, but not required.
- Bilingual in Mandarin a plus.