Location: Culver City, CA
An entrepreneurial, hi-tech startup based in Culver City, CA is looking for a Human Resources Business Partner to join their team. The ideal candidate will have at least 5+ years of Human Resources experience in a startup environment, preferably focused on compliance, HRIS Systems, FMLA, workers compensation, and disability administration. A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or those candidates with completed human resources certifications (PHR/SPHR) preferred. Candidates should have demonstrated capability in areas such as employee relations, talent management, and compliance.
- Under minimal supervision, drives the implementation and administration of the Company’s HR policies and programs to Corporate/Shared Services
- Supports the HR strategy and business decisions as communicated by Senior HR Leaders.
- Assists in the development and implementation of new or modified human resource procedures and change supports company policies. Recommends changes to existing company policies, practices, and programs to meet changing company needs.
- Liaise with Corporate Human Resources department of expertise when needed to address more complex HR issues, such as investigations, employment litigation, and workforce reorganizations.
- Prepares reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
- Execute full life cycle recruitment activities relating to sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring for various positions. Includes being responsible for participating in recruiting activities as it relates to AAP.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate employee record-keeping and documentation including recruiting documentation, employee files, labor posters, payroll records, and other applicable company, client, or regulatory required documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Compensation, Benefits, Training & Development, Employee Relations, and CA Labor Law.
- Experience and proven success in working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience building strong business partnerships and executive presence, able to establish credibility and rapport with employees at all levels.
- Ability to coach and counsel both employees and management.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and computer skills, be familiar with applicant tracking systems, be highly motivated and approachable.
- Experience in compensation and HR Metrics.
- Maintain and complete understanding of Federal and State laws including case law and regulations such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, FLSA, ADA, FMLA, ADEA, and state laws.