Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Manager of Learning and Development is an integral part of Senior Management that provides organizational leadership in the design, delivery, and management of the Training and Development function. This role is a specialist who has experience in developing impactful Leadership Development programs and solutions. The role requires expertise in leadership and management competencies combined with an ability to design and deploy world-class solutions across geographical boundaries. We firmly believe that Innovation occurs best when the right people are provided with great managers and an environment that supports innovation. The Leader will report to the VP of HR.
What to expect in this role:
- Partner with key stakeholders to proactively identify training needs through needs assessments, presenting recommendations and developing learning and performance solutions to address performance gaps.
- Identify and assess the capabilities required for our front-line leaders to be successful and establish a baseline of capability and develop a targeted leadership development for front-line leaders.
- Design of in-house, and with expert third parties, solutions which included a blended approach to learning such as coaching, classroom training, action learning, and e-learning.
- Program delivery and management. Develop deployment plan and all associated change management and communications. Ensure delivery of program in line with business expectations and agreed milestones. Establish facilitator network, including defining and maintaining facilitator quality frameworks.
- Reporting and analysis. Develop an evaluation strategy for each learning program and partner with HR and Operations to provide timely, meaningful and accurate reporting on learning effectiveness, individual and business performance. Analyze data to identify capability gaps. Provide regular monitoring, analysis and reporting of budget and spend.
- 8+ years of experience building and running a Learning & Development program
- Self-directed leader with prior experience at a rapidly scaling company
- Experience supporting both exempt and non-exempt workforces
- Experience with compensation planning, including internal and field sales level employee plans. (non- negotiable)
Skills & Qualities
- Minimum BA/BS degree. HR certifications a plus
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is hungry to grow an organization
- Data driven with the ability to master complex business problems
- Intellect and pragmatism to be able to effectively handle ambiguity and manage change
- Always curious and always learning
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people strategy that drives business results
- A natural coach and mentor who relates well with others, listens effectively and can build rapport with a diverse workforce — all in the spirit of helping employees at all levels move from goal to outcome in a developmental way
- Strong communicator with the ability to provide both strategic foresight and feedback
- Unquestioned integrity and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive HR and business issues
- Sensitive to and proactively works toward the cultural diversity of employees
- Highly ethical individual, strong level of confidentiality with a natural tendency toward discreteness
- Strong service orientation with commitment to providing excellent employee experience
- Deep knowledge of legal HR compliance matters.
- Proficient in Google Apps and MS Office. Greenhouse and Small Improvements a plus