Manager of Financial Operations
JobTitle:Manager Finance Operations
We are seeking a Manager of Finance Operations, which will report directly to the Vice President of Finance Operations.The position has high visibility to senior management and offers a rewarding challenge and ownership.
We are a leading civil and building construction company offering diversified general contracting and design/build services to private clients and public agencies throughout the world.We have provided construction services since 1894 and have established a strong reputation within our markets by executing large complex projects.We offer general contracting, pre-construction planning and comprehensive project management services, including the planning and scheduling of the manpower, equipment, materials and subcontractors required for a project.We also offer self-performed construction services including excavation, concrete forming and placement, steel erection, electrical and mechanical services, plumbing and HVAC.We are known for our major complex building project commitments as well as the capacity to perform large and complex transportation and heavy civil construction for government agencies and private clients throughout the world.
We earn 95% of our revenue within US, with concentrations across the country.We are also active in parts of Canada.Overseas, we have completed projects for the US military in Guam, Iraq, Haiti and Afghanistan.Our civil arm builds and maintains highways, bridges and mass transit.Our specialty contracting division offers services such as electrical and mechanical work.And, our building group focuses on large, complex projects in the hospitality and gaming, sports and entertainment, educational, transportation and healthcare markets.
The Manager of Finance Operations reports to the Vice President of Finance Operations and will be an integral part of the leadership team in the finance/accounting organization.The position has a key role in monitoring and management of 16+ Business Units, including all accounting and finance functions – General Accounting, Treasury and Cash Management, Project Controls, Payroll, Accounts Payable, Internal Reporting and External Reporting.This individual will be engaged in the ongoing review of contract accounting revenue recognition, participate in the implementation and enforcement of Corporate objectives, directly involved in the preparation of accurate and timely analysis to Executive management and will be active in the identification and mitigation of risks impacting the business units.As part of a dynamic management team, the position will also interact with the divisional controllers and segment accounting/finance functions.
This is a dynamic role responsible for monitoring of all accounting and controls associated with a business that generates $4-5 Billion in annual revenues. Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the monthly and quarterly close process to assure the timely preparation of accurate financial information, in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare discussion and analysis commentary on variances against budget, re-forecast and significant changes from previous periods.
- Assist in the monthly monitoring of critical internal control activities.Assist in the review of quarterly positions recorded for material unapproved change orders and claims at the project level.
- Provide critical financial and operational information to executive management and make actionable recommendations to improve financial results.
- Participate in special reports and ad hoc requests from executive management.
- Oversight of a financial analyst in Finance Operations.
Individual must have outstanding organization, project management and communication (written, oral and listening) and interpersonal skills, work effectively with multiple teams and functions within a fast-paced, rapidly expanding, performance-driven environment.e of completion, variable consideration).
- Possesses an undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or other relevant field, CPA preferred.
- 7-10 years of work experience in accounting/finance field, with experience at a Construction and Engineering firm (must have expert knowledge of percentage of completion accounting, variable consideration and ASC 606).
- Possesses excellent analytical and organizational skills; proven ability to meet hard deadlines, routine financial closes and other reporting requirements.
- Is a problem solver and has the ability to summarize and present reporting results, including explanations and variance analysis.