Location: Santa Monica, CA
The Payroll Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our growing team. As a Payroll Manager, you will adopt a “payroll as a product” approach to building and iterating on payroll practices to enable our Avengers to do world-class work and crush their goals, live our values and accelerate our mission.
THE PAYROLL MANAGER HAS 5 MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processing Payroll Efficiently and Accurately: Owns end-to-end payroll processing which includes new hires, time entry, register reconciliation, reporting, and taxes. Manages the development, implementation and delivery of various payroll services while providing high quality results.
- Audits & Maintains Payroll Records: Partners with the Finance and People team to audit payroll records, leaves of absences, and wage & hour regulations ensuring accurate processing and to minimize potential risks.
- Responsible for Compliance & Legislative Updates: Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with state and federal requirements. Proactively recommend solutions for upcoming changes in legislation.
- Maintains Payroll System: Partners with third party payroll systems to mitigate system errors and collaborates with key team members to implement updates and new functionalities.
- Point of Contact for Information Requests: Employs a customer service mindset to resolve employee or agency questions and requests in a timely and thoughtful manner.
SOME EXPECTED 2019 DELIVERABLES:
- Evaluate and recommend a comprehensive and efficient process for company’s multi-state workforce, including but not limited to timekeeping, data entry, and reconciliation of payroll.
- Research and implement new Payroll solution for company’s, in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Gather requirements and mitigate risks for entry into new states for both hourly and corporate hires.
- Payroll processing is 100% on time, minimal errors.
- Demonstrate SME level knowledge and gain the confidence of the business.
- New Payroll system and processes are efficient and provide a self-service for Avengers, managers, and administrators.
- Conscientious – organized and diligent around policy and procedure, taking care to ensure compliance and full resolution
- Methodical – gains energy from a repeated behavior, consistently follows a process, is predictable and reliable
- Confidence – quickly establishes themselves as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert
- Inquisitive – ask questions to understand and gain perspective
- 4 years of experience in Payroll managing a bi-monthly payroll for a mixed hourly and salaried workforce.
- Has implemented a new payroll software such as (ADP, PayCom, Paychex, etc..)
- CPP Designation highly preferred
- Strong understanding of Payroll reporting and basic Accounting.
- Strong understanding of Payroll, Finance, and HR functions and interdependencies with other functions
- Self-starter with ability to work with little direction and produce results