Location: Culver City, CA
Our client is a fast growing, pre-IPO consumer products company. The revenue accounting function is responsible for delivering accurate and timely reporting of revenue in accordance with US GAAP. Our revenue is primarily comprised of in-app purchases from our mobile games and is recognized in accordance with ASC 606. We are looking for someone who is hardworking, motivated and able to interact with inter and intra-departmental team members professionally to step in as our Revenue Accountantiong Manager. This candidate must be focused, intelligent, detail oriented, hands–on, dependable, able to multi-task, a fast learner, and able to have fun while working in a fast paced environment. We provide an attractive environment for career development in a fast growing company.
This person MUST have a CPA And inventory experience
- Review our revenue recognition methodologies to ensure compliance with the new revenue standard (ASC 606).
- Analyze raw sales data and prepare monthly revenue summaries and KPIs for all our games to ensure accurate revenue reporting and identify any potential areas warranting further investigation.
- Assist with analyses on several accounting estimates used in our revenue recognition processes, Partner with our Studios, Product Managers, and Data Analytics teams to gather data on status of our games, both live and in development, including reconciling data from multiple systems (Tableau, Oracle, mobile platforms, etc.).
- Assist in preparing key analyses on deferred revenue, operational transactions, new virtual items, and other metrics critical to our Accounting and FP&A teams.
- Coordinate with our external auditors in performing walkthroughs of our internal controls, revenue recognition methodologies, and facilitate any document requests.
- Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- A bachelor’s degree related to accounting or finance.
- 3+ years of public accounting experience at a Big 4/National Firm or in the accounting team of a public company (preferred).
- A CPA license or eligibility to sit for the CPA exam (preferred).
- The ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Proven experience working in a team under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail combined with the ability to communicate the “big picture”.
- Confident working in Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, advanced filters) and PowerPoint.
NICE TO HAVE
- Interest in understanding how IT systems and workflows are designed.
- Experience with Enterprise SaaS business models.
- Believes in the notion that no work is beneath us.