Location: Long Beach, CA
A rapidly growing healthcare management company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their top-tier accounting team. The Senior Accountant will work closely with the Accounting Manager and Controller on financial statement preparation, monthly and quarterly reporting packages and streamlining the accounting process. This is a great role for an up-and-coming Staff or Senior Accountant that is looking to develop their career within a top-tier corporate accounting environment. MUST Have start up company experience.
Position Summary: The Senior Accountant will support the Long Beach, CA and Anaheim, CA headquarters. This individual will work closely with other members of the accounting and finance team and will be responsible for the financial statements of the corporate entity as well as Joint Venture accounting.
Essential Job Functions:
- ·Processes financial and operational transactions in General Ledgers for business line operations; ensures General Ledgers are closed accurately and timely.Currently using Workday financial system.
- ·Creates and prepares account reconciliations on all balance sheet accounts and analyzes them to determine the appropriateness of the balances.
- ·Provides support for year-end audit as well as quarterly filings with the DMHC.
- ·Participates in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages to the Board of Directors, lenders and management.
- ·Prepares a variety of periodic intermediate or end products such as cost reports, trial balances, balance sheets, profit and loss statements, or cash flow statements;
- ·Prepares appropriate commentary or explanations relating to questions from management, budget variances, etc.
- ·Reviews, investigates and resolves significant accounting and reporting issues.
- ·Interacts with operating and staff personnel to supply or explain data and secure information.
- ·Identifies and helps implement process improvement opportunities as they relate to the Accounting and Finance groups.
- ·Reviews key contracts and complex arrangements to ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- ·Supports business units across several locations.
- ·Uses, protects, and discloses patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
- ·Performs special projects and additional duties as assigned.
Other Job Functions:
- ·Understand, adhere to, and implement the Company’s policies and procedures.
- ·Provide excellent customer services skills, including consistently displaying awareness and sensitivity to the needs of internal and/or external clients. Proactively ensuring that these needs are met or exceeded.
- ·Take personal responsibility for personal growth including acquiring new skills, knowledge, and information.
- ·Engage in excellent communication which includes listening attentively and speaking professionally.
- ·Set and complete challenging goals.
- ·Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- 1.Minimum Experience
- ·Ability to handle ambiguity and lack of structure – as a newly formed entity, many of agilon’sfinancial and accounting processes have yet to be established.
- ·5+ years accounting experience
- ·Previous public accounting experience is strongly preferred.
- ·Thorough understanding of US GAAP principals and internal control environments; ability to identify key accounting issues and apply correct treatment under US GAAP.
- ·Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to be a team player and exercise initiative in responding to provider requests and concerns in a helpful and courteous manner
- Provider contracting and customer service techniques
- General understanding of the health care industry, ideally the provider relations field-desired
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone communication skills are required
- Exercise attention to detail; ability to provide accurate data entry
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision, multi-task, complete projects in a timely fashion and meet deadlines a must
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills a must.
- Language Skills:Strong communication skills both written and verbal to work with multiple internal and external clients in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to create and maintain documents using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Please apply directly. Thank you!