Location: Century City, CA
Leading Investment management company is seeking to add to their corporate Accounting and Finance Team. The ideal Senior Accountant will have gone through public accounting/audit, obtained their CPA and have at least 2 full years of private industry under their belt.
We are currently seeking a Senior Accountant to join our team. This individual should be highly motivated, proactive and a master of details who can also understand the bigger picture. Utilizing hands-on accounting experience and an understanding of accounting principles and industry-specific company practices, the Senior Accountant will perform routine accounting activities, will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of accounting information and will assist with maintaining quality control over financial transactions, payroll, and financial reporting. To be successful in this role, the candidate should understand general accounting principles. The candidate should also be able to multi-task and meet a constant stream of deadlines. From time-to-time, there may be special projects with the goal of maximizing resources, streamlining processes and improving efficiency within the accounting department and our growing organization. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can contribute beyond the listed responsibilities and be a dynamic member of the team and the firm. This position will report to a Controller/Finance Manager.
What You Will Do:
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closing process, including preparation of financial statement support schedules, journal entries, management reports and analysis, audit schedules, and reconciliations.
- Prepare journal entries based on of supporting documents, reconciliations, and/or schedules review
- Review accounts payable, ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and payment batch schedules and oversee 1099 process agreedProcess payroll, federal and state deposits, quarterly payroll reports, and 401(k) plan processing
- Assist with insurance process, processing renewals, issuing certificates of insurance, etc.
- Actively participate in year-end audits, tax preparation and quarterly reviews, including preparation of support schedules and related requests.
- Maintain adequate internal controls within the accounting processes to ensure well documented, accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Implement and document procedures necessary to maintain and improve internal controls.
- Train and mentor staff accountants.
- Manage time effectively, multi-task, and work under tight deadlines.
- Perform general and ad hoc project support as required.
What You Will Need:
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and application of accounting principles
- Ability to grasp company financial policies and protocols
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, thorough and accurate
- Superior analytical and strong problem-solving skills with a solution-oriented mindset
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong sense of ownership for work product
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Relevant system and computer skills required, including proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a major in accounting, finance, math, business administration or a related field
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of progressive general accounting and/or corporate finance experience
- CPA or CPA Candidate Preferred