Staff Accountant – Glendale, CA – Media/Technology An exciting and groundbreaking company near Glendale is seeking a talented Staff Accountant to join their team. The position will be responsible for, A/P, A/R, inventory, and bank & Cash Reconciliations and work closely with senior leadership and the finance team.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department.
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received and disbursed, and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases.
- processing problems, contacts departments vendors to resolve problems and expedite payment, and responds to inquiries by telephone or in writing; escalates complex problems for solution.
- Handles cash and cash related transactions, issues receipts, records and types money lists, and balances cash fund cash transactions in ledgers and reconciles cash reports; prepares bank deposits.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records, and reviews for accuracy.
- Participate in month-end close activities including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of accounts, sales tax computations and other accounting duties in a timely manner.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Assist senior accountant in the preparation of monthly and yearly closings.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records, etc. as assigned.
- Analyze AP invoices and record entries
- Analyze AR by maintaining invoice accounts and prepares AR report for upper management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 3+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Experience a rapidly growing technology/media company a plus
- Technical proficiency with MS Excel
This is an excellent role for an up and coming Staff Accountant looking to break into a rapidly growing technology company. Excellent benefits, great company culture and will be working alongside pedigreed and proven top-performers. Please apply directly. Thank you!