Location: Carpinteria, CA
A world class technology company is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their top-tier accounting team. Reporting directly to the Corporate Controller, this position will be responsible for preparing and reviewing the month-end close. As the company continues to grow, the Senior Accountant will be tasked with assisting on special growth projects that could center around SOX, financial reporting and ERP implementation. The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong corporate accounting background with a successful track record and also work seamlessly with the finance and IT departments.
- Perform variety of month-end closing procedures including preparation of account reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Analyze financial statement accounts, identify unusual trends or erroneous entries, and verify accuracy of transactions and balances.
- Evaluate and maintain asset and liability accounts.
- Develop and implement procedures to streamline month-end close and other finance activities.
- Research issues that flow through to the general ledger from subledgers and systems and interact with other departments as needed to resolve the root cause of any problems.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures across all departments.
- Offer/initiate/implement recommendations for improved efficiencies or stronger internal controls.
- Assist with various projects that are assigned to the Finance Department.
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 5+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Previous public accounting experience HIGHLY desired.
- CPA preferred, not required
- Highly proficient with Excel, large ERP systems and and strong knowledge of GAAP
This is an excellent position for a strong Senior Accountant looking to take the next step in their career. Excellent benefits, top-tier compensation plan and great long term career opportunities. Please apply directly. Thank you!