Senior Financial Analyst Fp A
This individual will be a crucial member of our finance team reporting directly to our CFO with visibility to the broader executive team. We are looking for a highly analytical problem-solver, who is capable of both detailed financial analysis and distilling complex problems into actionable insights. As the first member of our FP&A team, you will drive our budget and operating model, and will be tasked with ensuring that each department is working towards a common goal. The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial competence, strong business acumen, robust organizational skills, knowledge of financial analysis tools and techniques, a proactive and intellectually curious mindset, and exceptional communication abilities. The candidate must be able to balance the demands of a rapidly growing, complex startup environment in a disruptive space. This candidate must be self-sufficient and confident in their ability to steer the company in delivering on its long term business goals.
- Must have outstanding modeling skills and project management experience
- Must have an investment banking background
- Someone who has demonstrated prowess in full cycle financial and strategic planning, including core competencies in budgeting and reporting, financial modeling and analysis
- Excellent analytical, modeling and communication skills, in-depth experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills that will enable interaction with a diverse set of constituents across various functions and levels of the organization
- A good listener with outstanding influencing qualities, and a natural, effective consultative style
- You thrive in dynamic, fast-changing environments and are able to take a multitude of inputs to create accurate forecast models
- Self-starter who is hard working, analytical and intellectually curious who is not afraid to lead projects independently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual who has the ability to multitask; an independent / flexible problem solver who can cope positively with ambiguity while maintaining strong attention to detail and speed
- You have 2-4 years experience working in Healthcare, in a finance or FP&A focused role.
- Start up experience highly preferred
- You’ve worked in investment banking or public accounting
- Experience using SQL or other database management systems to analyze large data sets
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or another technical field
- Proficiency in Power BI
What We Need
- Build, deploy, maintain multiple financial models for allocations, budgets, and long-range plans
- Consolidate metrics and KPIs and explain variances to targets for Sr. Leadership
- Prepare monthly reporting packages for the CFO and other executive stakeholders
- Create and own ad-hoc scenario models
- Help senior management devise a financial strategy that supports the company's annual and long-term financial targets, including developing operating assumptions, establishing financial models and forecasts to achieve targets.
- Ensure ongoing timeliness, integrity and accuracy of annual budget and ongoing interim forecasts.
- Establish budget and forecasting reporting tools for executive team and functional leaders to provide improved visibility and accuracy of business projections.
- Gain insights on key economic trends, industry and other external factors which need to be factored into the financial modeling.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Partner with Market Managers to build forecasts, understand priorities, construct financial budgets, track functional spend, and develop KPIs
- More as needed or directed