General Responsibilities and Expectations:
– Prepare and/or perform primary review of all key investor deliverables including quarterly financial statements, reporting packages, and partners’ capital statements for assigned Funds
– Take full ownership over maintenance and/or oversight of general ledger for assigned Funds; prepare/review journal entries for investment valuation true-ups, accruals, unfunded commitments, etc.
– Prepare and/or perform primary review of Administration Fee, Management Fee and Carried Interest Calculations for assigned Funds
– Responsible for assisting with year-end audits: oversee preparation of audit schedules and liaise with auditors
– Responsible for fund analytics and portfolio management deliverables on an ongoing and recurring basis as applicable
– Prepare and/or perform primary review of documentation related to capital calls, distributions, revenues, expenses, etc.
– Address investor requests, as needed – Peer review and/or coach less senior level staff – Interpret accounting issues and recommend solutions/best practices and innovative solutions
– Support Corporate Finance primary and secondary initiatives through involvement in departmental as well as team specific projects
– Support and/or lead innovation and operational efficiencies.
Ensure systems are leveraged to maximum capabilities Factors for Success:
– Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
– 5+ years of experience in accounting suggested (preferably public accounting, insurance, financial services, or fund administration)
– Ability to multi-task and adjust quickly in a fast-paced environment and to change priorities to meet critical deadlines
– Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and stressful situations with attention to detail
– Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to take on new and challenging assignments
– Strong analytic, organizational and problem-solving skills
– Accountable for quality, accuracy, and results of financial data
– Excellent verbal and written communication