Sr Manager, SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting
We are a leading construction company that is looking for sophisticated accounting professionals with strong technical accounting and reporting experience. The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting is a vital member of the accounting organization, focused on SEC reporting and technical accounting. This role is responsible for preparing the company's SEC filings such as Form 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, Proxy Statements and other filings.
This position will leverage an extensive technical accounting background to research new accounting guidance and the accounting treatment of complex accounting issues and transactions. This position will contribute to executive management presentations and Audit Committee deliverables, as well as support quarterly review and annual audit processes.
- Prepares the company's SEC financial reporting on Form 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K including creation of auditable support, and leads the analysis and review of the content.
- Supports Investor Relations in assisting with review of company releases and related matters and ensures consistent disclosure between releases, scripts, and SEC filings.
- Manages financial reporting to key stakeholders, including regulatory agencies, ensures financial statements are prepared in accordance with applicable accounting standards and regulations.
- Prepares and reviews accounting, reconciliations and reporting in various technical accounting areas, including goodwill and intangible assets, leases, variable interest entities, share-based compensation, as well as acquisition-related and non-routine transactions.
- Possesses expertise in reporting requirements in accordance with US GAAP and SEC.
- Monitors and researches FASB and SEC activities to identify potential rule changes that may impact the company, updates disclosures for the impact of these new pronouncements to ensure complete disclosures in filings.
- Author technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and provide guidance to other members of the Accounting and Finance teams.
- Establishes effective working relationships with key stakeholders within the organization, including corporate accounting, FP&A, legal, finance operations, business development and internal and external audit.
- Identify and implement opportunities to promote streamlined processes, financial systems, operational efficiencies and enhanced internal controls.
- Leads process improvement of reporting deliverables across the organization and evolves the function through reporting standardization and best practices.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field.
- CPA license required
- 10+ years of relevant experience, with a mix of public accounting and financial reporting experience in a large publicly traded organization
- 4+ Big 4 experience preferred
- Industry experience in engineering and construction a plus
- Large public company experience of at least 2 years preferred.
- Strong technical accounting background, with the ability to effectively research, interpret and document accounting analysis and conclusions
- Highly organized, detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas verbally and in writing
- Great problem solving and analytical skills to review information, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and proficient in other standard workplace applications, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience in Workiva Wdesk platform a plus
- Experience with JD Edwards and Hyperion Essbase a plus