Location: Venice, CA
High growth Tech/SaaS company in Venice is seeking a first time and highly experienced VP of FP&A. This is a role that requires a dynamic, hands on, visionary leader who can manage the team and processes and drive tangible and immediate value to the firms bottom line, while mentoring the team and attracting top talent for future roles.
- This position requires a strategically-minded and accomplished finance professional with consistent results in dynamic, high-growth businesses. The VP, Strategic FP&A will be responsible and accountable for:
- Leading all FP&A functions for the parent company of publicly traded and privately-held businesses in the biotechnology, technology and media industries.
- Supporting the entire process including valuation, financial analysis, contract negotiation and management decision making. Work with various constituencies to attain and analyze due diligence data, formulate and present findings to senior management, and ultimately successfully integrate the acquisitions.
- Developing in-depth financial models to value private & public companies, conduct sensitivity analysis and provide support for financial due diligence.
- Supporting the CFO and business unit leadership in developing the long-term and short-term financial goals for the business.
- Creating a best-in-class financial planning and analysis function.
- Scaling the organization and building a high performance team and culture.
- Acting as key lieutenant to SVP Finance and go-to FP&A expert.
- Excellent valuation skills and ability to translate analyses into sound strategic recommendations.
- Valuation experience using discounted cash flows, comparable companies analysis, precedent transactions and sum-of-parts valuation.
- Proficiency with financial statement analysis and financial due diligence, including preparation of financial due diligence quality of earnings reports.
- Ability to work with cross-functional business teams to identify fundamental business drivers and risks to those drivers, and translate them into modeling parameters.
- Ability to manage projects with participants and audience ranging from SVP to C-level.
- Lead the department responsible for planning, budgeting, forecasting and actuals vs. budget/forecast reporting and analysis.
- Build high-performance culture and manage team to be best-in-class, high performance, analytically driven organization.
- Drive the process and preparation of annual budgets, monthly flashes, and quarterly forecasts.
- Deliver timely, accurate, and effective analysis and reporting of financial and operational performance metrics.
- Track performance relative to budgets, forecasts, and performance targets.
- Participate in senior leadership meetings, preparing and presenting relevant documents, reports and plans in a timely manner.
- Perform operationally focused financial analysis and data gathering to support strategic and business development initiatives.
- Complete roll-out of Hyperion and Adaptiv financial planning software.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, including minimum of 5 years in an either investment banking or Big 4 Transaction Advisory Services role
- Prior FP&A experience at a known tech company mandatory.
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related area required.
- MBA and CPA/CFA ideal.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing due diligence process on strategic investments and acquisitions.
- Skilled at creating processes and organization around routine FP&A business function as well as ad-hoc strategic transactions.
- Demonstrated outstanding financial leadership skills and expertise with an emphasis on financial analysis, budgeting, management reporting and projections.
- Strong financial background and attention to detail, with full understanding and experience with financial models and analysis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
- Ability and willingness to dive deep into details.