Location: El Segundo, CA
Our client is a leading venture capital firm, that is growing its team and AUM and looking to jumpstart a new fund. they are seeking a new Vice President, Investor Relations & marketing.
JOB SUMMARY: Successful candidate will work closely with the one of the lead founders and partners on all upcoming fundraise, investor relations and firm wide marketing initiatives to develop the tactical and strategic plan for the firm. This role will require travel with the potential for international travel as well.
- Assisting in the development and execution of the strategic plan for Investor Relations, Marketing and Fundraising.
- Ensuring best-in-class engagement and reporting standards are provided to the firm’s limited and strategic partners
- Managing the firm’s investment program
- Creating new marketing, branding and communication content, including firm press releases, investor reporting and social media
- Building and refreshing target list of high quality prospective investors and consultant relationships, as well as developing proactive limited partner outreach program to further build and enhance partnership with prospective and existing investors
- Identifying and attending key industry conferences and/or events
- Creating quarterly peer benchmarking analysis
- Providing support for firm’s global fundraising efforts, including project management, logistics and oversight of due diligence data rooms
- Leading the coordination, planning and content creation for the firm’s annual investor conference and/or other investor events, which may be in the United States or in International areas.
- Overseeing responses to daily/quarterly investor queries and interact professionally and articulately with the firm’s limited partners, as necessary
- Manage firm’s CRM system for accurate logging and tracking of investor profiles, including ensuring that all interactions/activities are recorded into the database in a timely fashion
- Serving as liaison between investor, administrator and internal departments (finance & accounting, compliance, legal) to expedite timely processing of deliverables
- Producing and distributing quarterly internal IR & Marketing report for use by senior management, including the tracking of relevant and measurable KPIs
- Providing ongoing input into the improvement and implementation of IR & Marketing related processes and procedures
- 7 or more years of relevant experience at a venture capital or private equity firm with a proficient understanding of the early stage companies, particularly in the TMT space, and preferably in an investor relations or client facing capacity.
- Should have management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, economics or related field; M.B.A. preferred
- Prior M&A or corporate finance experience highly-valued but not required