A leading perishable food wholesaler and Importer is expanding its Sales team with an experienced Account Executive/Sales Rep. This privately held company operates in the Port of Los Angeles and supplies local restaurants, grocery stores, as well as home delivery.
The ideal candidate will have experience providing customized product and selling solutions & strategies. This begins with the initial presentation of products at the corporate level and continues through until their presence is well-established on the shelves in the stores.
If you are comfortable in sales, want to learn new ways of doing things in the food business, and act as a team player, PLEASE APPLY!!
- Develop new business in an assigned territory
- Identify prospective customers by utilizing market intelligence databases, as well as business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences
- Ensure protocols are in place to track success with accounts
- Foster the customer relationship in a team based selling model.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (e.g., delivery mis picks, short on loads, stock-outs).
- Leverage other resources to assist with top penetration opportunities and new accounts opening.
- 2+ years of experience in sales – dealing with customers and buyers in the meat, deli, dairy, grocery, restaurant and/or frozen departments
- Knowledge of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products/prices
- Background meeting with purchasing directors, presenting new items, informing customers of upcoming sales, securing product distributions, gaining pre-orders
- Strong time management, communication, and reporting skills
Salary Range is 60-80k plus full benefits and commission. Reach out to Andrew Little at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.