Rapidly growing manufacturing plant in Poway, CA is looking to hire an Accounting Manager to their team. This newly created Accounting Manager will lead a growing business and team. The Accounting Manager performs the financial reporting function and ensures the accuracy and compliance of the financial statements, supporting subledgers, and balance sheet accounts to GAAP and Company guidelines and policies. A qualified candidate is knowledgeable of accounting concepts and practices, can effectively coordinate and complete tasks timely and accurately, and is able to maintain open communication with colleagues, management, and external contacts.
The position will be based in our Poway, CA office and report to the Controller.
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial statements, account mapping, and formats
- Maintain and ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results and data
- Measure and report KPI’s for operations and management.
- Conduct GL account analysis and reconciliation
- Coordinate and perform month-end close process, subledger to GL close, and journal entries
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Support and assist with internal and external audits
- Coordinate inventory accounting, cycle counting, and periodic full physical counts
- Coordinate Standard Cost accounting, BOM, and Routing analysis.
- Sales analysis and reporting
- Variance and Bridge analysis.
- Assist with ERP upgrades and transitions.
- Sales and Use Tax reporting and filings.
- Intercompany accounting and settlements.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Ad-hoc functions, reports, and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- 5+ years of progressive accounting/operations experience
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Experience working with an ERP systems (Epicor a plus)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Compensation up to $125,000 + bonus !!!
Location: onsite Poway, CA
Travel 20% – Northern California