The Asset-Based Lending Team based in Los Angeles seeks a committed and dynamic Associate Underwriter. This is a critical position for a fast growing team that provides senior secured financing to leveraged issuers consisting of both privately owned and public companies.
Main Duties and Responsibilities of Role:
- You assume a key role in preparation of initial screening memos and credit approval packages, including due diligence, financial modeling, and credit documentation review for new transactions;
- You take responsibility for ongoing portfolio management for a group of selected accounts ?¢‚Ç¨” monitoring and tracking credit performance, executing amendment requests, etc;
- You contribute to the preparation of client marketing presentations as well as internal
- presentations as needed.
- You prepare operating and LBO models, comp sheets, rating models, economic return models, and collateral documents.
- You handle the maintenance of credit files and loan documentation.
- You collaborate with Risk Management and Loan Operations teams in different geographies and time zones.
Qualifications / Education:
- A Bachelor or Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics or closely related quantitative field
- 4-7 years of relevant ABL and/or cash flow/leveraged finance experience
Experience / Knowledge:
- Asset-Based Lending background not required but a useful plus
- Deep understanding of GAAP accounting principles and comfort with core financial statements (income statement, cash flow statement and balance sheet)
- High proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint): The individual will possess excellent excel skills and be able to expeditiously build a fully-functional dynamic, financial model
- Fundamental understanding of the capital markets and debt products
- Progress towards a CFA or CPA is a plus
- Credit training is a positive
Salary Range is 130-160k plus full benefits
Please contact Andrew Little (Andrew@thehiringadvisors.com) to apply.