One of the nation’s largest affordable housing homebuilder is seeking a Construction Accounts Payable Specialist to join their team. The Construction Accounts Payable Specialist requires an individual who is a team player, extremely organized, great communication skills, and has experience with construction accounting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Process Accounts Payable for all construction related invoices, vendors and subcontractors
- Prepare monthly progress billings.
- Reconcile client and vendor accounts.
- Process vendor invoices.
- Construction Draw package
- Reconcile invoices to contracts, processing a high volume of invoices and ensuring proper support and authorization.
- Follow up on collection of predevelopment receivables
- Track and maintain all prelim notices
- Prepare job cost entries and review project expenses to ensure accurate posting to projects.
- Undertake other projects as required.
- Data entry, filing, and assist with accounting department support needs.
- Track preliminary notices from all subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Follow up on all lien releases from our subcontractors and their suppliers.
- Communicate routinely with the Construction/Project Managers on a variety of job-related topics, including contract agreements, bonding, and insurance.
- Continue to improve the payment process to ensure the accounts payable cycle is handled in a timely manner.
- Track new and current vendors/subcontractors to ensure required licenses, insurances, waivers are always current.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of construction accounting experience.
- Experience with Construction Progress Billings and Construction AP/AR.
- Understanding of Mechanics’ Lien Release and Preliminary Notices.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software ProCore
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-starter able to work efficiently in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
Location: Hybrid – Rancho Cucamonga
Compensation up to $70,000 + OT and a fantastic benefit package
Qualified candidates may email their resume to Rolla@thehiringadvisors.com