Our client is the world’s largest community for SaaS founders and executives. Their global events attract almost 20,000 a year to the SF Bay Area, Europe and Asia, and their digital content is read over 2,000,000 times a month. Their podcast is also #1 in the industry and they have almost 20,000 SaaS founders and execs learning on their free University platform.
Almost everything the company does is free, but they do have sponsors. In fact, they have almost $30m a year of them, with 110%+ NRR. They range from the fastest growing SaaS companies to well established Cloud leaders.
We’re looking for a Head of Client Success to own as much of their sponsor base as they can. Note this is a very proactive role — not looking at dashboards. Your job is to be very hands-on in making sponsors very successful.
Your core KPI will be renewals and in particular GRR / logo retention — not upsell. There is high turnover at the sponsor level — many CMOs last but a year, unfortunately. About a third of sponsors always renew, a third tend not to, and a third are … in the middle. Your job especially is to partner with sales to get that middle third to renew! 🙂
This is an exciting opportunity to partner with truly an A+ sales team and a very unique product at scale. Note though we are NOT a SaaS company. We are a media and events company that serves SaaS founders and companies. Our sponsors do have to be resold each year, and they are looking for brand awareness, leads and engagement.
Today we’re doing Client Success and Account Management as part of the sales team. That needs to change and become a partner to, and a layer on top, the sales team.
If you can continue to drive our sponsor engagement and GRR / logo retention up, this can be a lucrative and very rewarding chance to be a true leader, not just part of G&A or “renewals”.
The ideal candidate:
- Knows our brand. You’ve read it and get it.
- Has attended a digital or IRL company event. Not mandatory but helps.
- Has done Account Management or Services at some point in their career, or worked at an agency or something in the services business. Not just SaaS customer success.
- You must have some hands-on professional services or similar experience with larger ($100k+) customers.
- Is proactive and gets what we need.
- Wants to be both hands on and improve our processes.
- Ideally, has managed a small team, at least as a team lead. Not necessary however. This can be your shot. But you will start as a team of one and take over many of our largest sponsors.
- OK travelling once a month to meet clients in different cities, e.g., SF, NYC, etc. and to our 3 large events a year.
- Has managed $100k+ clients.
- Importantly has worked in a higher churn environment. Not just 100%+ NRR.