Firm Accountant – Controller
Full-Service CPA firm in SUNNY Los Angeles is experiencing significant growth and seeks a Firm Accountant – Controller to support the Partners with corporate accounting functions including General Ledger, AR, AP, payroll, and audit activities.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to manage the finances of a great public accounting and business management company with just under 100 employees, PLEASE APPLY!
This position currently hybrid in Century City and offers a base salary of up to $130k + bonus and 100% employer-paid benefits.
Who you are:
- Deep understanding of financials, able to analyze and reconcile accounts, and prepare monthly financials.
- Understands coding and divisions/classes (i.e., Partners, Tax Dept. Business Management Dept. and Support Staff).
- Client Billing, experience from a professional services firm like a law firm, CPA firm etc.
- Degree Desired: CPA or MBA a plus (not mandatory).
- Currently using AgilLink for the firm’s books, will train.
- CCH Axcess Time and Billing software would be a plus.
What you will do:
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and responsible for collections.
- Manage Cash Receipts (prepare deposits and enter receipts into billing software and AgilLink).
- Manage all the vendors including insurance renewals.
- Prepare and process semi-month payroll, track non-exempt hours, monitor PTO accruals, and prepare/enter payroll JE.
- Onboarding new hires through HRIS system (Paylocity).
- Oversee communication with tax preparer for year-end tax fillings. Potential to prepare the firm’s tax return, but not a requirement.
- Manage the Client Trust bank accounts.