Manufacturing firm with roots in California for over 60 years is looking to hire a Senior Accountant. As a Senior Accountant your main responsibilities will be supporting the Controller and working cross functionally with the business unit's finance teams to help achieve financial objectives. In addition to month-end close, you will maintain standard reporting focused around productivity, working capital (inventory / payables) and other required functional support to the business leadership teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the accounting related to manufacturing in compliance with U.S. GAAP
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and annual close including financial statement preparation
- Responsible for cash position
- Conduct ongoing audit of transactional and master records for validity, workflow qualifications and cost impact
- Responsible for making recommendations for financial and operational improvements
- Responsible for developing and analyzing cost-of-goods information
- Performing periodic costing studies on products/equipment.
- Manage the accounts payable, accounts receivable, journal entries, account reconciliations
- Establish and provide updates to job cost estimates
- Establish and maintain cost absorption model to ensure factory expenses are fully job costed.
- Establish inventory controls including cycle counts for materials and finished goods (if applicable)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- 5-7 years' experience within the manufacturing industry
- Excellent Excel skills required
On-site daily in Chattsworth, CA
Compensation up to $105,000 plus bonus
For consideration, qualified candidates may email their resume to Rolla@thehiringadvisors.com