Top quality product manufacturing company is seeking a Senior Accountant. This role will have training directly from the CFO, and is perfect for candidates wanting to transition out of public accounting.
A key member of the finance department, this position will be responsible for day-to-day accounting for financial transactions and month-end reporting activities, as well as various other tasks as determined by department management based on the business needs of the Company and accounting department.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Posting of general journal entries, both as part of the month-end close process as well as ad hoc as they arise either via request or as a result of research and reconciliation activities performed monthly. Preparation of auditable supporting documentation for each journal posted.
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts. Reconciliation activities include analyzing postings to the account, assessing for reasonableness and appropriateness, and recording adjustments as necessary
- Preparation of month-end reporting book pages, providing valuable information to management and other internal users. Continual improvement and enhancement of assigned pages and familiarity with all aspects of the book which is prepared by the department.
- Completion of bank reconciliations monthly for all Company-wide accounts. Investigation and resolution of unreconciled differences, as applicable.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, Accounting or Business required.
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- BIG 4 experience highly preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience within related fields preferred.
Compensation for this position includes $100K + bonus & benefits.
To learn more about this role, please reach out to Lily Mirhashemi at Lily@thehiringadvisors.com