A publicly traded health care services company in South Orange County is looking for a talented Senior Accountant to join the team! This is an exciting opportunity that provides room for growth within the company. The ideal candidate has experience with supporting external audits, knowledge of GAAP, budgeting, time management skills and a great attitude!
- General ledger accounting, including preparation of journal entries and related reconciliations.
- Month and year-end financial closes, including assigned journal entries, balance-sheet account reconciliations, accruals, and overall maintenance of general ledger.
- Review bank transactions, bank reconciliations and petty cash
- Participate in annual interim and year-end financial audit.
- Assist in providing schedules and commentary for general ledger account results and variances.
- Prepare special financial reports, when requested by senior managers, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Other duties assigned
Required skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in accounting, business accounting, or finance
- 2 to 3 years of professional experience in accounting
- Public accounting experience is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize effectively.
- Desire to continue professional growth through training.
- Attention to Details and effective communication skills.
Pay: $85,000.00 – $105,000.00 per year + bonus + equity
Ability to commute to San Juan Capistrano, CA on a Hybrid basis