Rapidly growing Media Network with a focus on the B2B SaaS world is seeking a Vice President of Finance and Operations. This is a first time hire and will require a hands on, energetic, take charge leader. Reporting to the founder and serving as an integral member of the senior management team, the Vice President of Finance and Operations (VP) will be responsible for the development of the company’s books, including financial management strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s strategic goals. In addition to the strategic components, the VP will be charged with developing and implementing more sophisticated policies and procedures in the accounting, finance, taxation and general operational realms. This is an outstanding opportunity for a finance executive with operational experience and a proven track record of creative problem-solving and change management to join in a high-growth, mission-driven organization.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Advise the president and other key members of senior management on financial planning budgeting, cash flow, investment priorities, and policy matters.
- Serve as the management liaison to the board and audit committee; effectively communicate and present critical financial matters at select board of directors and committee meetings.
- Contribute to the development of the strategic goals and objectives as well as the overall management of the organization.
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the president informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the annual budget process.
- Ensure that the company is adhering to the strategic plan, delivering status reports to senior management and ownership; creating dashboards, KPIs and more.
- Provide analytical support to the internal management team including development of internal management reporting capabilities.
- Improve administrative and operational accounting services such as treasury management, payroll, accounts payable, and receivables, tax, and purchasing.
- Business or Accounting degree mandatory, a master’s in business administration is preferred
- CPA mandatory
- 4+ years in Public Accounting Required
- Minimum 7+ year’s experience in a senior management role ideally with both external audit and in-house financial management experience gained in a high-growth organization.
- Someone who has worked in Media, Agencies or high client billing environments is highly desired.
- Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within a growing organization
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Entrepreneurial team player who can multitask
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical finance and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management and staff
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Passion for the company’s mission and industry
Salary Range is 150-200k plus full benefits