Southern California’s largest environmental services company is looking to hire their next VP of Finance! As the VP of Finance, you will lead and grow the Finance organization, which includes strategic finance, FP&A, accounting, and financial operations. In this position, you will help set the strategic direction of the company, in close partnership with the CFO as well as other members of the board. Your work will enhance internal decision-making and help ensure resources are allocated efficiently to support growth. In this role, you will have the opportunity to not only influence the forward-looking vision of the business but also help responsibly grow the business through advanced financial modeling and development of business cases for strategic growth opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the CFP on capital financing options, M&A opportunities, corporate financial strategy, transactions, and other strategic opportunities
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends to assist the CFO, Board, and other senior team members in performing their responsibilities – creating a finance function that is viewed as a strategic asset to all areas of the organization
- Establish 'best-in-class' financial operations, which includes timely and accurate financial closing and reporting
- In partnership with the controller, develop and maintain necessary accounting policies and systems
- Coordinate, prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, present financial updates at quarterly board meetings
- Oversee daily operations of the Finance team; monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Hire and attract exceptional talent for the team, as the team needs expand
- Mentor and develop members of the Finance
- Serve on the Leadership Team and be a thought partner to key leaders throughout the organization
What you will bring
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field. MBA is highly preferred
- Waste Management, Logistics, Transportation industry experience
- 12+ years of progressive finance experience, with a 5+ years in a managing capacity.
- Strong quantitative and analytical capabilities, and extensive experience in financial planning, forecasting, modeling, and data analysis
- Success in creating a finance function that is a business partner to the organization
- Experience working cross-functionally, both inside and outside of Finance, to collaboratively develop budgets/plans and promote financial discipline
- Confident communication skills, with experience presenting to boards, potential investors/lenders, bankers, and partners.
On-Site: City of Industry AND Irvine; candidates must be able to commute to both locations
Competitive salary and benefit package
$200,000 – $325,000 + bonus + more!
For more information reach out to Rolla@thehiringadvisors.com