We made it! This weekend is packed with tons of exciting things to do. Here are 5 things to do this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Enjoy!
1. The world’s largest Korean culture convention KCON stops in Los Angeles from August 10 to 12 for a celebration of music, Korean pop culture, workshops, meet-and-greets, and more.
2. Star Wars A New Hop will be screened at the Hollywood Bowl, with a live accompaniment by the Los Angeles Philharmonic this Saturday.
3. San Fernando Valley Summer Drive-In Movie Nights at the Lake Balboa Complex. Each evening will offer food trucks, a 26-player arcade game truck, laser tag, silent disco headphone party and family board games all included in your ticket price. Continuing the series is a screening of Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure on Friday and Selena on Saturday.
4. KCRW Summer Nights takes over Union Station with KCRW DJs Raul Campos and Anthony Valadez.
5. The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum will host Late Night Fridays where guests can enjoy free general admission from 5 to 8 p.m. and gain access to special activities, 3D movies, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more.
1. Frida Kahlo Under the Stars with Gregorio Luke comes to LA Plaza de Culturas y Artes on Saturday. The evening dedicated to the iconic artist will feature a kaleidoscopic portrait of Frida Kahlo, with more than 300 slides of her paintings and documentary photographs, as well as rare film footage.
2. Angel City Brewery’s 6th Annual Avocado Festival takes place August 11-12, celebrating
the state fruit with music, food, and limited release Avocado Ale.
3. The Silverlake Flea-Night Market taking place every Saturday from 5-10 p.m. all summer long features a plethora of local, independent sellers that offer vintage clothing, art, rare vinyl, crafts, and much more.
4. Street Food Cinema returns this weekend with a screening of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World at Verdugo Park in Glendale and Pretty Woman at Will Rogers State Historic Park in Pacific Palisades. Select screenings are discounted via Goldstar.
5. FUTRA presents KINETIC, a two-day multimedia event featuring 40 visual artists, performers, and musicians taking place at Jason Vass Gallery in the Arts District of DTLA.
1. Fans of ice cream can head down Ice Cream Alley, a special area of Smorgasburg LA dedicated to showcasing the best of local ice cream and sweet treats, all in one place.
2. Two Dykes and a Mic is a monthly LGBTQ comedy show that highlights female comedians. This Sunday at The Virgil.
3. Debbie Allen teaches ‘Dance Sundays’ free dance lessons at The Wallis. The series concludes with “Break the Floor Hip Hop”.
4. Check out LACMA’s latest exhibition, 3D: Double Vision an interactive exhibit that explores the art and illusion of 3D.
5. E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of Sleepless in Seattle.